Alien 3: The Hybrid Cut
- Removed Clemens typing up the report on the computer over alternate shots of inside the EEV
- Added Theatrical cut’s EEV scenes, but cutting out Ripley being found there
- Theatrical Cut summaries of the EEV crash victims used, along with scene of dog barking at the facehugger
- Retained scene of Morse and another prisoner with the dead cow and the macho talk of Ripley. Removes Morse discovering the dead facehugger, this is also moved to earlier in the film
- Restored scene of Morse finding his injured dog
- Replaced all the cow birth footage with the dog version
- Restored the song Morse is singing in the tunnel, and calling for his dog
- Adds back scene with David getting confused about the piston chamber chase
- Adds back shot of prisoner walking through the tunnels and a shot of 85 wiping the steam off the mirror while he waits for the rescue team
- replaces Ripley’s demise with the better version of the Queen bursting out of her
I am an extended edition buff and have a big collection of original ones and all the fanedits from here.
Many extended editions do not add anything to the movie, just add more useless scenes. I will rate the ones here.
Rating criteria: image quality, sound quality, 3x improvement, overall.
Image Quality: 9 of 10
Sound Quality: 9 of 10
Improvement: 2 of 10
Overall: 5 of 10
I was one of the few who went against the masses and really liked this movie when it came out. What you have done here is pretty good, I’m a sucker for an extended version. My only problems were with some audio not being cleaned up (I understand how hard that can be) and some audio segues that I remember from the original were broken up by the additional scenes (one example is when Morse says “What kind of animal would do this to a dog?” and it then it cuts to the extra footage of Ripley, and Clemens walking down the spiral stairs. The music builds up, then dies off, then builds up again. In the original it segues straight into the Autopsy scene). One other thing (and this is not a problem with your version at all) the CG alien still looks “drawn on” to the film. I’d like to see a fanedit with this issue resolved, so thats my only real reason for giving this an 8. Very good, better than the ox version (although i did enjoy that too).