Godfather: Extended Edition HD, The
- Vito asks Sonny if he is paying attention at the wedding.
- Tom informs Vito Genco will not last out the night.
- Michael and Vito leaving the wedding.
- The men visit Genco on his deathbed.
- Tom sees Woltz giving a pony to an actress.
- Tom sees the actress in Woltz's house.
- Connie and Carlo argue/ Vito decides to send Luca Brasi to reason with Woltz
- Michael and Kay call Tom from a hotel room.
- Extended footage of Luca brasi walking to the meeting with Bruno and Sollozzo.
- Sonny gets a call after his father is shot.
- Sonny informs his mother of his father's shooting, takes control of the family.
- Extended Footage of Michael driving home.
- Rocco and Clemenza talk about the Paulie hit before getting into the car.
- Clemenza makes a stop to call sonny and eats lunch.
- Michael and his bodyguards come across communists marching in Sicily.
- Fabrizzio asks Michael about America.
- Extended Footage of Michael walking through Corleone.
- Michael visits his father's childhood home in Sicily.
- Extended Connie Carlo fight scene.
- Bonasera prepares to meet Vito at his funeral parlor.
- Michael wakes up after Apollonia's death.
- Michael speaks with Vito after his return from Sicily.
- Extended Footage during the Tessio/Clemenze/Carlo/Tom meeting with Vito and Mike.
- Short audio trim when Tom Hagen is dialing the phone for less fade-to-black.
This is the Godfather, can it be even better? Well, it seems it can and all the extended scenes feel as seamless as they should thanks to this editor's amazing work. Watch this and thank him for taking the time to recover those lost scenes that make a unique film even more amazing.
View all my reviews (1)
Great to have all extended scenes finally integrated in HD! Highly recommended.
This was a nicely put together EE of The Godfather, but not without some flaws. I wasn't bothered by the lower quality deleted scenes, however I didn't think the logo removal worked. It was very obvious something was being covered up and there were annoying red pixels flickering. As well, there were a few imperfect audio transitions when adding scenes.
Overall a good Extended Edition, but could be improved.
This edit of The Godfather was a very enjoyable watch.....All scenes that are not in the original movie but were included in the 2012 HD AMC version of The Godfather Saga have been seamlessly inserted. Picture quality is consistent and all AMC logos and promo banners have been skilfully removed. All audio transitions to my ears seem smooth.
What i like best is that this is a extended version of the original 1972 movie which makes this edit a bit of a one off as it's the only extended edit i know that doesn't follow the Chronological path but stays true to the directors original vision.
This edit will not replace my originals just as the Saga doesn't but like the Saga it will sit nicely with my Godfather Collection and to be honest will probably be the version first out of the box....
Looking forward to Part 2......