Star Wars - Episode III: The Black Knight Rises
- NTSC DVD-5
- NTSC DVD-9
02. Major cuts/edits to the Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, General Grievous, and Palpatine characters
03. Tried to edit the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship to be more akin to a elder brother or friend relationship (much less of this constant “my young padawan” or “yes Master” crap)
04. Count Dooku is no longer “Darth Tyranous” and has absolutely NO connection to the Sith – he is still a Jedi (abit a rebel Jedi) in my Prequel fanedits
05. Dooku’s lightsaber has been rotoscoped purple instead of “Sith red”
06. Removed the subplots of “Jedi not being able to marry” and “Anakin keeping his marriage to Padme is a secret”
07. Re-edited Anakin’s post-nightmare talk with Padme to heighten their relationship and remove poor acting
08. Removed scene of General Grevious arriving on Utopa and speaking with Sidious
09. Edited the “Jedi spying on Palpatine” subplot to better reflect the Jedis’ suspicions of Palpatine, increase Anakin’s anger toward the Council, and remove any mention of the “Chosen One” prophecy
10. Added the deleted “Plot to Destroy the Jedi?” scene back into the film
11. Trimmed the “Opera House” scenes a bit to remove Anakin being caught about spying on Palaptine and to remove the dialogue regarding midiclorians
12. Added the deleted “A Stirring in the Senate – Bail’s Office” scene back into the film
13. Re-edited the “Mace VS Palpatine” duel (along with the following “Anakin’s choice” scenes) to remove redundant elements and increase drama
14. Re-edited the “Order 66″ sequence to include the Clonetroopers attack on the Jedi Temple and Anakin’s encounter with the younglings
15. Rotoscoped Yoda’s lightsaber to be purple
16. Removed Obi-Wan/Yoda’s attack on the clonetroopers outside the Temple
17. Added additional children screams to the audio during the hologram playback of Anakin attacking the Jedi Temple
18. Completely removed the “Yoda VS Sidious” duel from the film
19. Re-edited the final battle into a single duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin
20. Removes Padme “losing the will to live” reference
21. Padme now gives birth to only Luke
22. Cut and re-edited the “Birth of Darth Vader” sequence to remove overtly ‘stupid’ plotpoints
23. Replaced the shots of the WIP Death Star from Vader’s final scenes and replaced it with the planet Coruscant
24. Film now ends with Padme, Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan/Luke sequences
25. Added “Faneditor’s credit” to the end credits
Review by amatar — June 25, 2010 @ 5:17 am
You can read my review of JasonN’s Attack of the Federation edit of TPM for an exact copy of my review of this movie. I loved this edit through and through.
My one niggle is showing Coruscant instead of the Death Star, but I understand the reasoning behind it, so it is whatever for me.
10/10 for a movie I can watch without getting mad…thank you!!!
Oh, and another thing…
The way JasonN ended the battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan was freaking awesome! The whole fight sequence was edited into one battle, with the stupid saber-twirling and force use taken out, but the way he ended the battle actually threw me for a loop…I LOVED it!!!
If I could give it ANOTHER 10/10 just for the way the fight ended, I would!
And, I thought keeping Leia out of the picture was a great decision…I could go on, but I would be here for hours lol