- 3rd act is the best part of the film, and it is mostly intact from the original.
- The re-scoring! Editor feels the moment, and adjust it as such.
- Color correction is well done. Although some might prefer the original.
- Boring character stories and arcs mostly left intact.
- Saw Gerrera... just his character... ugh!
- The Rebellion/Resistance comes over as a bunch of whiners.
In my honest opinion, the Fan Edit "The Battle of Scarif" is a better fit for this movie. I just can't get through the first 2 acts of this movie. This is not the fault of the Editor, but of the Creators of the movie itself. The characters are bland and boring, the story is to convenient and nonsensical, and last but not least, this movie didn't need to exist. It's a badly explained plot that just derails the Epic Battle in the final act. The editor did his best to make the movie watchable, and for some it has become just that... watchable. That is not enough for me.
When I saw Rogue One in the theater, I was a bit bored with it. Thought the pacing was off, being slow, and there were a few pointless characters. Everything I disliked about the film has been fixed, and I found the pacing very much improved. DigModiFicaTion edit is what should have been shown in the theaters.
Rouge One is probably up there as one of my favorite SW movie. However, I always found the pacing was off in the first 20 mins. The movie is all over the place as there is a lot of jumping around to different scenes. There are not a huge amount of changes in this edit but it definitely improves the pacing of the first 20 mins and it flows a lot better. I also like the fact we don't see Saw Gerrera at the beginning of the film and it is kept a mystery how Jyn was rescued. Overall, a very good edit that is worth watch and will be my go to Version of Rouge One.