- Blu-Ray (BD-25)
- New theme song - "Bachelorette" by Bjork.
- Trimmed Bond's meeting with M, removing references to ending the Double-O program. We dealt with that in Skyfall, remember?
- Trimmed the scene with Moneypenny in Bond's flat.
- Cut Bond telling Lucia he does "life insurance" at Sciarra's funeral.
- Cut Lucia telling Bond not to go to the Spectre meeting.
- Cut Bond flipping the "atmosphere" button during the car chase.
- Cut the old man slowing Bond down during the car chase.
- Cut the crows in Mr White's house.
- Cut Mr White telling Bond to "make it quick" and Bond telling him to go upstairs.
- Cut C calling the Double-O program "prehistoric."
- Cut Hinx visting White's house. How he found Bond and Madeleine is nothing that can't be figured out later.
- Cut Bond asking Madeleine about her work history.
- Cut Bond telling Madeleine he "didn't have to" kill her father.
- Cut Bond telling Madeleine her life is in danger.
- Cut Madeleine asking her captors if any of them can speak.
- Cut Madeleine telling Bond and Q that L'American is a place. We see that pretty soon after.
- Cut Madelein telling Bond it's ironic he sent him to her.
- Cut Madeleine saying she sees two Bonds.
- Trimmed M and C talking after Nine Eyes is approved to remove references to ending the Double-O program.
- Cut Bond observing that he doesn't need to teach Madeleine anything about weapons.
- Cut Madeleine's line about what to do next pre-happy-to-be-alive-sex.
- Cut Bond saying they may have a long wait.
- Cut Bond discussing the Rolls Royce.
- Cut Madeleine telling Bond she's scared.
- Cut Oberhauser telling Bond and Madeleine they can touch the meteorite. ,shudders,
- Cut Oberhauser mentioning the death of the Double-O program.
- Cut Bond and Oberhauser's exchange about death and prespective.
- Cut M's speech about the fates of glass and spies.
- Cut Oberhauser saying he's the "author of all [Bond's] pain."
- Cut Madeleine telling Bond she loves him during the torture scene.
- Cut M telling Bond it's "good to have [him] back." Uhhh...he never quit.
- Cut Bond confirming the Madeleine is saying goodbye right before the big finale.
- Cut C telling M and Q they're out of a job.
- Cut M saying that he knows what C stands for. Let's let the original assumption stand (since it's not far off).
- Trimmed hesitation at letting M onto the bridge.
- Cut Oberhauser telling Bond to finish him.
- Cut the first part of Bond's line about having something better to do.
- Added custom title at end.
Aztek improves on the original, showing that a satisfying edit can be subtle.
The Bjork song greatly improves the opening credits.
The cuts are unobtrusive. The one instance where I noticed is the removed "insurance" line: the silence works nicely, but I read Monica's face as annoyance at what Bond said not frustration at him not answering.
The original weak narrative is less frustrating through the improved tone.
I'm curious to see Aztek's future edit.
I one of those that was very let down by Spectre, specially since the same director and cast were returning after the great Skyfall.
Unfortunately, this edit by Aztek463 does little to improve on the overall enjoyment experience of the official release, the main structure and full plot remains (almost?) intact. Some trims as listed in the edit release info here and there remove some of the most annoying elements, which is quite a good thing; but still not enough for my taste. 7 on Narrative and Enjoyment.
On the technical side of things, wow! I am impressed with the editing, and A/V quality. If I didn't hit play on my HTPC i would have been fooled into thinking this was a store bought bluray, all of the footage and specially the audio quality are top notch - and the sound levels are a thing of beauty - watching this edit gave my Onkyo Amp quite a workout and brought much enjoyment to my eyes and ears. A definite 10 on all technical scores, and that's just because there isn't an 11 available.
I read Aztek is going to release a more radical edit of this film, I am looking forward to it. It just scratch my itch.
I have to confess that I am a fan of Daniel Craig as Bond, I believe in his portrayal of the character. I liked Skyfall a lot and had huge expectations on what Spectre would bring, sadly the movie was really disappointing (for me), I believe the plot was a mess and the jokes and action sequences were not structured. I wanted to see this edit with the hope of getting the good Bond movie that I hoped, first let me say that I loved the change in the song in this edit, the Bjork song works really really well, also, the trims on the bad jokes was a great plus (specially the old man in the car with the opera song), but the structure of the movie remained the same, so I am sorry to say that this edit didn't do it for me. Besides that, the edit is really well managed, the transitions are seamless, the quality of the picture and sound are great. If you are a fan of Bond, this is a must watch.
This was my second viewing of Spectre and I wasn't a fan of the original cut. I did notice some of the silly stuff had been cut but there are no wholesale changes that change my opinion of this being one of the poorest Bond films. The plot can be written in a few sentences and the talent in this movie deserved so much better than this poorly written threadbare plot. I've no complaints on the editing, only with the movie itself. Excellent quality also.
Very well done edit. This is a great example of how removing a few minutes can really improve a film. I thought Spectre was okay. I think Craig has really come into his own and I enjoyed a lot of the performances around him. Monica Belluci crushes it as usual. Bond plots are often needlessly winding but Spectre was overly so. I didn't like the familial connections at all (looking forward to Declassified!) and there were more than a few lines that had me cringing (e.g. life insurance, meteorite, author of all your pain).
Thankfully, Aztek cleans up pretty much all the worst bits and it makes quite a difference. There are still elements that don't work for me but taking away some of the worst lines and moments (looking at you, old man) makes the rest not bother me that much.
A/V Quality - 10/10 - Looked great, no complaints at all
Visual Editing - 9/10 - Very well done, pretty much seamless throughout. Only exception is when Bond talks to Moneypenny it cuts from their conversation to Bond watching her through the window as she leaves. He jumps position since a bit of dialogue was cut. I think it would probably be better just to cut from the word "instinct" to the next scene and skip that bit.
Audio Editing - 10/10 - Sounded great, didn't notice any cuts. Plus the theme song is a million times better than the original IMO. I talked about this in the thread but must reiterate that it is a great choice.
Narrative - 9/10 - The removal of the 00 program ending was a smart one. It makes an overly convoluted plot less so. Also clever removal of a couple lines that tell us things that we see soon anyway (L'American).
Enjoyment - 8/10 - Great job, I can't go higher because of issues with the film itself but you have taken it from a 6.5 to an 8 for me. I look forward to seeing your more radical cut!