Friday The 13th: The Legend Of Crystal Lake
I left as much character development in the first movie and cut as much of the violence as possible, so it feels more like a character movie. Think DEATHPROOF. That’s kinda how this feels.
To sum up: I wanted to see if I could take two good horror movies and turn them into one GREAT movie.
1. Cut 1957 intro
2. Cut Alice talking to dog and her interaction w/ the townies including Ralph.
3. Moved Alice’s death to earlier in the film.
4. Cut awkward Alice/Steve sexual tension scene.
5. Cut Ned’s mentioning of “Camp Blood”
6. Trimmed lake scene heavily(Ned’s fake drowning).
7. Cut police officer scene and Ralph’s second appearance.
8. Cut snake scene.
9. Cut the scene w/ everyone hanging out and they turn on the generator.
10. Cut marcy jack dialogue about dreams.
11. Trimmed sex sequence heavily.
12. Trimmed down Marcy bathroom sequence.
13. Cut Brenda bathroom sequence.
14. Cut Steve’s diner sequence.
15. Cut the cop picking Steve up and their dialogue.
16. Cut sequnce where Bill and Alice roam the camp looking for the others.
17. Trimmed final showdown HEAVILY. Now only lasts about 5 mniutes.
18. Cut Jason’s emergence.
19. Many little cuts here and there to shorten the length.
****Body count goes from 9 to 7.
From Part 2:
1. Cut dream sequence at beginning.
2. Cut opening credits.
3. Trimmed some character scenes of would-be victims, who do not matter in this edit. EXAMPLE: Scott dancing with the dog.
4. Cut cop discovery of Jason’s hut and death.
5. Cut all instances of characters opting to stay at the camp instead of going out drinking. In other words, the only people who remain at the camp are the ones who get in trouble and are not invited to the bar. All scenes relating to characters that stayed behind in the orgininal cut are removed, like their deaths.
6. Reordered several scenes to give some balance back to the movie after cutting so much.
7. Final Showdown is trimmed a bit. Not so much running around and less of Jason acting like a dick.
****Body count goes from 10 to 4.
on the eve of friday the 13th i i decided to re-watch the classic horror film, this edit combines two films very well in the style of tarantino's death proof film with the start to part 2 acting as a intermission. however i feel a lot of the edits strengths also bring out a lot of flaws within the narrative structure. no sooner are we introduced to our young teenagers their being killed off without us the viewer being able to get to know them or establish what kind of character they are.
the second half of the edit establish certain characters but don't have any pay off, there either killed off camera or are completely removed. the edit i feel should have started with the deaths of the two teenagers as we don't establish just why people are being killed off until halfway during the movie. it's at this point a character that we've never seen nor heard of (jason) is now being discussed. the intermission part highlights of of the more glaring faults from part 2 in that jason a disfigured man who has lived in the woods all of his live can some how track down the girl who killed his mum.but when you consider the direction the franchise would take in later installments this is nothing.
this is a well edited fanedit, but there are still a few things i felt could have been removed in favour of having a few more death scenes. overall i don't feel it improves either the first two films in the series
This was a fantastic fanedit. The faneditor puts a unique spin on the first 2 Friday the 13th movies. Video/audio quality was fine, standard definition DVD5. The editing was great, especially the way the two movies are seamed together. The only negative part of it to me is that it can't help but feel like 2 movies stitched together. The story shifts to a whole new group of teenagers and a brand new protagonist halfway through. It could have been way worse though so it didn't dampen it too much.
Bottom line, I loved it.