Back to the Future: Greater Scott EditionFeatured
- Back to the Future DVD Deleted Scenes: Audio for the "She's Cheating" scene was used here as the bell rings earlier and sounds better
- Back to the Future VHS: Only for reference for the "To Be Continued" title card
- Marty McFly and the Starlighters: A music video from around the time the film was released. Took a line from here that was unused
- TV's Frink for the Greater Scott subtitle
- moviefan95, SonofSinbad, jswert123456 and Hubunkey for feedback and reviews.
- addiesin for his technical help and anyone else in the ITW or technical thread I missed
- Added Marty asking a lady to pinch him after he reads the 1955 newspaper
- Added '55 Doc going through '85 Doc's suitcase
- Added Doc and Marty looking at Lorraine in school
- Extended version of Marty pretending to be Darth Vader to convince George to take Lorraine to the dance
- Extended version of Marty and George talking in his yard
- Added Doc bribing a cop and Marty talking to him about what will happen at the dance
- Added George getting stuck in a phone booth (which is why he was late to the car to "fight" Marty)
- Moved around some shots after Marty's performance at the dance to accommodate the next change
- Added Marty saying "It's rock and roll" after playing Johnny B Goode
- Added "To Be Continued" before credits (Wasn't on the Blu-Ray and DVD, only VHS)
A very fun interesting fanedit of Back To The Future that inserts a lot of deleted scenes into the movie. I remember watching some of these deleted scenes on the bonus DVD but I don't recognize all of them. A fun watch if you never seen any of the deleted scenes some of them are pretty funny. it makes you wonder why some of them were even cut out of the movie. If you haven't seen this movie in a long time a recommend you watch this.
This is definitely a worthwhile edition. For starters, I used to rely on a specific user or to to color correct certain movies, and have always been happy with the outcome. However, the color correction (on the original elements) on this far exceeds any others that I have found. It was visually appealing to the eyes. In addition, the insertion of the deleted scenes definitely added both character and much needed context to the film. It's a shame they weren't in there from the beginning. The only bad part of it is that the inserted elements are of different quality and not as refined, but that's the problem with the source material and by no means the fault of the editor. Don't let that let you enjoy it any less. A highly recommended and worthwhile edition to see.
As a fellow BttF fan, I'm very familiar with the story. The Greater Scott Edition is a tremendously enjoyable ride for everyone who's seen the trilogy before.
Is the drop in picture quality of most deleted scenes noticeable? Yes. It is both distracting and a convenient 'flag' that you've reached another nugget of previously unseen goodies.
The added character development fleshes out our heroes more. I particularly like young Doc looking through his older self's things. Establishing Doc's fascination with women pays off in both sequels.
This edit is a worthy addition to the original, even though it does not replace that. The video quality is largely to blame and some of the added scenes distracted from the story.
What an exhilarating treat! I was very excited to watch this fanedit, and to finally have all the deleted scenes integrated into the film. These resulting edit enjoys better developed characters and a tighter plot, as some scenes even close a few minor plot holes. Essentially, the restored scenes fit right into the film and don't feel superfluous.
The integration of these deleted scenes is almost seamless - the seams are only visible due to an obvious drop in quality when shifting into a deleted scene. Bobson did a terrific job at restoring those scenes, but there is only so far one can get with low-quality source materials.
So - all in all a very recommended edit.
This is a amazing!! I love the back to the future trilogy personally the first one is the best of the trilogy i think most people will agree and this makes my favourite movie even better.
The deleted scenes don't bother me i laugh quite hard at some of the scenes you have added in there are few audio bits that need fixing but it's still fine but the thing is you don't even have to watch the original before watching this edit because you've still kept everything in from the movie and added more.
There's nothing really else to say apart from its better than the original and i recommend it to everbody .