9.8 10 10
(Updated: June 12, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Oh man, I think Keo must be tired of seeing my name in his edits! In all seriousness, he is one of my favorite faneditors and I have watched the majority of his edits, especially the superhero ones.

Wonder Woman was one of those films that I really enjoyed, moustache Ares and classic 3rd act CGI fest notwithstanding. But I thought that something definitely could be done to improve the movie, although I haven't figured out what exactly, but Keo and the other faneditors did that for me!

At first, this was about to be my go-to version for the WW movie, although I did not enjoy it as much as I'd liked to, but then I saw the 1918 version from TinyBreadMouse and that one immediately clicked with me. But I'll talk about that in length at my review.

This one was pretty great! First of all, as always, the cuts were phenomenal! I could not tell you if something was cut if my life depended on it! Wakeupkeo's work is always top notch and I am always happy to watch one of his edits because I know I will watch something of outstanding quality.

Most of the changes were spot on, especially the trimming of the humor. I also liked the removal of soldiers hugging and the generally less optimistic approach, plus some of the trimming of Dr. Poison, but not all. Props for cutting the scene where we see Steve taking the Dr. Poison's notebook, it was unnecessary. We figured out that he got it when he saw it and then was holding it when he started running!

On the other hand, I thought he removed too much of the Dr. Poison subplot and also the intro of the movie did not quite work for me, I personally did not have a problem with the Diana-made-of-clay approach and the God killer weapon. Also, although it was pretty clever to put the intro scene in present day at the end, I believe it was more fitting to end the movie with the photograph of the group or even the photograph of Steve. It would actually be an even more "less optimistic" ending, since this was the goal. And not only less optimistic, but also touching.

Overall, I definitely suggest this edit over the original movie, but for me, it will not be my go-to version. I prefer the 1918 edit, although it also had some minor problems.

Thank you Wakeupkeo for all your hard work and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments