FanFix September 03, 2022 4473
(Updated: November 08, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

While I'm certainly glad that CGI mess of a third act was removed, there were still some minor issues with the narrative stemming from its removal. In the theatrical, the robot bug was placed in Logan's body by Viper. In this edit, how it got there was a mystery because of Viper's removal from the narrative.

I liked that the fight with the ninjas and Harada was re-contextualized to be almost like a fight between suitors of Mariko's affections- as Harada was a former lover of her's- but Harada's fate was never revealed in this edit, though it could be presumed Logan had killed him.

The transition from the snowblower explosion to the final dream sequence with Jean Grey was well done, but it took me a couple of rewatches of the scene to get that Logan had caused the explosion to take out the ninjas, then it knocked him out long enough for him to have his vision of Jean, and then he recovered to get Mariko, which then transitioned to the airport scene.

Overall, a very well done edit, but I feel removing some of the characters and removing the original third act and replacing it with the new one created its own share of narrative problems. It's still very much recommended, and I enjoyed it much more than the original.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
B
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments