Special Projects November 21, 2020 16879
(Updated: November 03, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

There was a time when I watched my favourite movie once a year. Sure you could blame work and kids and all kinds of stuff for less and less viewings. But I think the real reason was the official Final Cut version. The cut itself is brilliant but its major drawback is of course the visual plane with its loss of natural colours and the loss of details in both dark and light areas. And if knowingly or not, I gradually lost appetite for Blade Runner. After all, Blade Runner is a visual film. Thanks to TM2YC this error has been rectified. It is a revelation to see this. It is a joy to discover things that have been buried in the poor contrast and brightness of the official Final Cut. It's pure enjoyment switching between the different audio tracks (father/fucker?) and hear the Paul Sammon commentary track to the visually best version there is. My favourite audio version is track 13, the Director's Cut multi-channel version from the 2007 BluRay discs which is not as boomy as the Final Cut audio. And of course: More than just nice-to-have is the isolated score track — I mean: Seriously! The many years alone us soundtrack nerds tried to put together a decent Blade Runner soundtrack! And now we have everything in a neat package!

I'm not sure if the theatrical screening of the Final Cut I saw suffered from the same problems found in every home-movie release. But I'm just happy to have it in my collection now. Alongside the IMAX version of Blade Runner 2049 ... the official home-movie version is just drenched in yellow. D:

Happy to have it, yes. But the anti-elitist in me says: This should have a wider release. And as much recognition as possible! Recommend it to your Blade-Runner-friends™!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
E
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments