Walking Tall: The Action Edit
– Added Action Edit to the opening title.
– Cut the inspired by a true story note. No one believes it anyhow.
– Cut the stripper scene.
– Cut the family visiting the hospital.
– Cut the town visit-scene.
– Cut the stripper visiting Vaughn.
– Cut The Rock getting the shotgun, since he DOESN’T EVEN USE IT.
– Cut the father giving his anti-gun speech.
– Cut the stripper from the police station-sequence, which pretty much changes the whole scene, big time.
– Cut the stripper from the back home-scene.
July 26, 2007 @ 1:04 pm
perfectly executed. I think I spotted one rough cut, soon after his father comes down the stairway with the gun, besides that, all cuts are clean, audio transitions are great, image quality is also.
Those 18 minutes are not missed at all, the story flows, no plot holes, nothing too important left out.
image quality: 5 of 5
audio quality: 5 of 5
editing: 5 of 5
a perfect editing job for that case 5 of 5.
Entertainment and improvement:
Well, there we are on a different paper. The original was a long no-brainer and this is a much shorter no-brainer, so this is far more entertaining than the original movie, but still it isn’t much. The first 20 minutes are good, fast paced, kind of believable, but then it all gets over the top, which is a pity. I am not sure this could have been made any better, but the movie still is not a good one.
improvement: 5 of 5
overall entertainment: 3 of 5 (first half 4 of 5, last half 2 of 5)
my overall result is a 4 of 5 which is A LOT for this movie, because it still is far from being a good one for me.
If you liek no-brain action movies this is a good one to relax and enjoy. Don’t ask question, don’t ask for logic, just enjoy the show and see the bad boys get a hell of a beating up.