Movie-to-TV May 03, 2021 2371
(Updated: June 28, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Such a great idea to solve the slow pacing of both Thunderbirds theatrical releases by cutting them down to tv episodes! Let’s discuss these ‘lost episodes’.

The tv-version of ‘Thunderbirds are go’ puts a lot of the official tv episodes to shame with it’s fast pacing and a story that’s really strong once releaved of it’s excess luggage (like the overlong dream sequence). I would probably have enjoyed it even more without any references to Penelope’s invitation to the Swinging Star halfway through the episode (including Alan waking up beside his bed, which -without the dream sequence - is rather superfluous.)

‘Thunderbird 6’ always had the most beautiful imagery but the weakest plot. The tv-version (aptly titled ‘Operation Ambush’) makes the most of it and is certainly an improvement. The way the opening scenes are shortened and flash-backed (is that a word?) is great, and despite it’s shortcomings storywise I enjoyed it a great deal.

My advice to every Thunderbirds-fan: forget the theatrical releases and get these lost episodes :)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments