9.6 39 10
FanFix August 26, 2020 7786
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Rewatching this without the direct knowledge that Thor is a god is something else. Shifting the perspective of the first act to be about Jane Foster on the verge of a remarkable discovery only to have it hinge on a man who may or may not be insane is wonderful, and having the reveal of the warriors three signal the story of Thor and the Asgardians is a nice change of pace. I think this might be a better structure than the original. It really helps understand Jane as a character and start to get endured towards Thor before he is revealed to be a powerful hero. The scene with Loki and Thor before the coronation is absolutely incredible for their dynamic and I don't know why it wasn't included in the original.

As for my criticisms, they are few and far between. The pacing is a bit off, both with everything with Thor and Jane happening very quickly in the beginning and with some scenes feeling like they could have held a little longer, but that seems like an issue with what there was to work with, not the edit itself. There are a few scenes where the music is louder than the dialogue, but overall the sound is pretty solid. Easily a recommend and very likely my new go to version of the film. Thank you for letting me watch this.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
W
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments