9.6 39 10
FanFix August 26, 2020 7784
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is undoubtedly the most enjoyable version of this movie I've ever seen. The restructured narrative works wonders to bring out the best in the characters and tone at the outset of the film to invest viewers in the story and the characters. The deleted scenes, especially those with Loki deserve their place and they have been restored beautifully. That said, the point where the narrative flashes back to cover the skipped first act struck me as jarring and the following scenes felt too much like the start of a film to work for me in their given place. The prologue about the Frost Giants narrated by Odin I feel needs cutting entirely or restoring to the front of the film for it to work. The warriors three and lady Sif showing up unexpectedly was also jarring, especially following an audible cut between it and the previous scene seconds earlier. It feels like you should already know them at this point. My suggestion would be moving the transition point back a scene to Thor's talk with Jane about his past and reuniting Thor with his friends as a bridge from their part of the story back to the present. But that's just me.

Overall a very enjoyable watch after which I could never return to the theatrical cut. So mission accomplished.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments