9.6 39 10
FanFix August 26, 2020 7784
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was a very enjoyable watch. I have always liked the first Thor movie, but I also have always found it to be a little too... basic. So, when I saw the intent behind this edit, I was very interested in it. I thought that switching up the structure of the movie could make the simple story much more interesting. And sure enough, it was. The flow of the narrative was much better and like another reviewer wrote, it even feels like the original way the story was meant to be told. The deleted scenes where also a nice addition. The editing, to me, was flawless. As far as analysing A/V quality goes, I'm no expert but it all looked and sounded really good to me. My only complaint, which is why I deducted 1 point from the narrative category, was the placement of the frost giants' flashback. Like others have said, it felt abrupt. My suggestion to fix this tiny problem would be to divide the story in chapters, pulp fiction style. It would go like this: Chapter 1 - Movie begins and goes all the way to the frost giants' flashback; Chapter 2 - begins at the flashback and goes all the way to when Thor is banished, ending when we see him getting hit by Jane's car again; And Chapter 3 would be the rest of th movie. I don't know if it would work, but it felt like an interesting thought so I decided to share it. All in all, I enjoyed the heck out of this edit and would recommend it to everyone.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply October 04, 2020

Funnily enough I had initially thought if splitting the film to to three sections/chapters.

Chapter 1: Thor
Chapter 2: Loki
Chapter 3: Odinson

The two reasons I didn't do this was because I couldn't find a font a liked enough and I felt starting the Loki chapter with Thors coronation meant Loki was not the focus of his chapter until midway through.

Really glad you enjoyed the edit and the reinstated scenes.

R
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments