FanMix April 12, 2014 3349
(Updated: November 04, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First off, I'd like to say that this was incredibly well done. I thought that the plots between the three movies were intermixed really well, and done in a way that made them all feel like they belonged in the same movie. And between the added footage, the voiceovers, and the superimposed news footage in the diner, I thought it was a very impressive edit. That being said, I found it to be pretty boring. However, I have seen all of the original movies as well, and they really didn't produce a lot of exciting content to work with, so I totally understand. The fault is really in the original movies, not in this edit. That being said, the point of this trilogy, as stated by Avid 4D, was to quicken the pace of the movies that they might better appeal to a modern audience. This was certainly better than sitting through the original movies, but I feel that a lot more could have been trimmed off of them even still. I didn't think that the plot with evil Superman was necessary for the movie, and honestly, I wasn't upset when Clark never gave up his powers in The Superman, so it would have been fine with me if that had been left out as well. Additionally, since he never gave up his powers in The Superman, it was odd to see Jor-El create the power-losing chamber and explain what it was and how it worked to Clark, when it was already there in The Superman, and Clark not only knew how it worked, but how to reverse the machine so that it would rid Zod and his henchmen of their powers instead. However, I understand that with how poor the plots were in Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, this plotline may have been necessary to give the movie depth (and also to explain the tension between Lois and Clark in The Superman Returns).
That all being said, The Superman was excellent, and though The Superman of Krypton was not nearly as exciting for me, it was really well done, and I would recommend it to people, because I think it's going to be an integral chapter in an excellent trilogy. I'm looking forward to watching The Superman Returns, and I hope it turns out as well as The Superman. Good work! And thanks for the edit!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments