serenity01_front.jpg
TV-to-Movie July 18, 2014 7461
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

My wife and I sat down to watch this a few days ago - we were both very, very impressed! We have both seen the series a few times through and it had been a while since the last viewing, so it was nice to watch it in this manner. I commented to my wife that it felt like MusicEd took the best of the show and pieced it together to make one flowing cohesive story - the deleted scenes added back in, while noticeable on visual quality, were GREAT for narrative. Absolutely fantastic storytelling!

We're in the process of moving houses, so we were only able to watch it on my 21" iMac while sitting on a pulled up couch. I didn't notice any edits at all - flowed very nicely together. However I would love to see this in HD... (I know the deleted scenes will never be, but the rest could be more crisp) I still give it a 10 for visual quality because the rating is based on the original - so it's as good as a regular DVD :)

Enjoyment is a 9 - I would make it a 9.5 if I could... I couldn't help but feel that something was missing to the 'Verse's introduction. I don't know what it is and I've been trying to place my finger on it all weekend but couldn't figure it out. The best I can think of is I know there is more to this setting than I'm seeing and my brain misses it... I love the idea and mix of Chinese/Western cultures and there wasn't enough to satiate me... I can't give it a 10 for this nagging reason if I'm honest with myself.

Will this replace the series? I know that wasn't the intention, but for me, it's quite possible... Every time I watch the full series, I'm disappointed when it ends because I imagine what could have been... I'm hoping that this trilogy will feel like an enclosed story that brings closure to events and won't leave me with that bitter taste!

Amazing work, MusicEd - I can't wait for the sequels!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments