9.9 2 10
FanFix December 21, 2017 3856
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As the creator himself states, this is not heavily edited, but neither does it need to be. The length and content of the film were already good for the most part. The main benefit of this edit, to my thinking, is that is cuts down some of Rizzo's jokes and antics. I don't hate Rizzo overall and he can even be amusing in the proper dosage. This edit doesn't eliminate him. In fact, it probably takes out less than half his lines, But the original creators seemed to think they needed a dose of comic relief every couple minutes. They didn't. Dickens' tale is interesting enough and Michael Caine's Scrooge and the other characters are interesting enough that coming back to Rizzo constantly simply isn't necessary and ultimately hurts the flow of the otherwise engaging story.

The removal of the skating party is something I could take or leave. I didn't hate it, and it does match events of the book, more or less, but I don't miss it greatly either (and although it was sort of in the book, it seemed to me like it maybe shouldn't be--like it was out of character for Bob Cratchit to dawdle on his way home rather than rushing home to spend time with his family).

From a technical standpoint, someone who hasn't watched the film for a while could watch this edit without even realizing it was edited, because any place where content was removed has been put back together seamlessly. Really well done.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply December 03, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to review this one! I appreciate it :)

N
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments