FanFix April 06, 2016 12960
(Updated: November 21, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Decent. There are a few things I would change, but overall, a better watch than the original. I would barley change anything about your part II edit which says a lot given how much was removed. Two of my favorite changes were removing the scene where Prim goes missing in search of the cat and the removal of most of the beginning of part 2.

improvement suggestions
-Remove dam attack as opening: Didn't feel like it worked as an opening.
-Bring back Katniss entering house at district 12: This scene shows that Snow is always around and also reintroduces the cat.
-Cut Snow ordering to bomb hospital: It's better if the hospital bombing is a surprise than knowing it's about to happen.
-Cut district 7 scene: Not necessary to the story and kind of disrupts pace.
-Bring back return to District 12: Initially I would have agreed to remove the return to District 12 because of redundancy, but the story feels incomplete without it.
-Bring back cat flashlight and Finnick conversation: This helps the pace because cutting directly to Katniss and Haymitch conversation felt abrupt.
-Bring back scene of Plutarch talking to Katniss about sending Prim to Peeta: Cutting directly to Prim seeing Peeta was confusing.

Possible suggestions-
-Make Snow and Peeta deleted scene as opening.
-Keep the Snow scene where he executes people (without the scene of him having his beard trimmed).
-Remove Plutark talking to Effie: Story doesn't necessarily need the scene.
-Keep hunting scene: I feel like there should still be some of the love triangle since it was apparent in the first two movies. Keeping this scene keeps the triangle at a minimal and also helps with pace.
-Keep Peeta's second interview: kind of an important scene to keep.
-Remove Snow's toast for time and focus.
-Bring epilogue back: The epilogue ending was bittersweet but conclusive. I would make it stay as a post credit scene or just bring it back to the end.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments