Review Detail

9.1 21 10
(Updated: September 05, 2012)
Enjoyment

August 28, 2010 @ 10:44 pm

I find Terminator Salvation to be an odd movie – not nearly as bad as many of the reviews I’ve read, but not as good as it could have been. I find it to be a entertaining movie for the most part, providing a neat view of the post-Judgment Day world we’ve only seen hinted at.

Q2′s edit is not a terribly radical cut, but I find it works very well in removing some the stuff that didn’t work, mainly the Marcus introduction and the heart transplant. I also like spots where the machines now fail to recognize Kyle, especially in the Skynet Processing line.

I did have a few minor quibbles with the edits.
-When Marcus/Kyle/Star are fleeing the flying machine in their jeep, there’s a shot of Kyle clearly speaking but his dialogue is cut
-As others have noted, I found the transition to the attempted rape of Blair came to fast.
-Although the machines no longer recognize Kyle out in the field, when Marcus accesses the Skynet computer to find Kyle, his name is there clear as day.

As I said, these are minor quibbles only. It’s still a much better version to watch.

Tech is fantastic, per usual with a Q2 release. Video is very good on the DVD-5 and the AVCHD looks fantastic. Audio is consistently well done as well. The only issue I have with the tech is the lack of chapter stops – it would be nice to get some on future Q2 edits.

I will be watching this one again in the future.

Oops, forgot a score – 8/10.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments