Review Detail

9.3 94 10
FanFix August 15, 2012 22039
(Updated: September 06, 2012)
Enjoyment

May 21, 2009 @ 2:00 pm

Excellent version of the film, definitive in my opinion. Nick Stahl acts much more like an older Ed Furlong with his quick mind, but shows some remnants of an obviously trouble life since his mother died (drugs, etc…who knows?) that can slow the mind down, so this is apparent in the early part of the film, and IMO is the whole point of those additions. He becomes much more like the John Connor we expect toward the end of the film (and even has some of Reese in him too, cleverly acted by NS). The removal of all the cheese and corniness is perfect, and the ending is very Jeff Waynes WOTW… ;-)

Having just watched the trailer for T4:SALVATION this is a must-see for anyone going to the movies this Summer/Winter (in our Southern Hemisphere!) and sets it up nicely.

The one thing I wish film-makers would stop doing is shooting “Day-for-night” or “mid-afternoon for early morning”! The colour “correction” is so obvious and the shadows are a dead giveaway, so, UA, if you ever do an AVCHD version of this, consider lengthening the shadows in the first chase scene after the Vets as the sun is coming up, or trying to remove them altogether and giving a “cold early morning” feel to it – which would make the half-empty roads much more believable, too. Pretty soon after that were in full-blown daylight (do producers have any idea about time??) so it would be a fair challenge.

This has restored my faith in the Series, am actually looking forward to Ranting Bale in the next one.

BTW, love the menu clip!

Now, if someone can do the same for Alien:Resurrection…
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments