Review Detail

9.3 94 10
FanFix August 15, 2012 22119
(Updated: September 06, 2012)
Enjoyment

January 12, 2009 @ 1:01 pm

I’m a big Terminator fan, and when I saw Terminator 3 in theatres via an exclusive press premiere, I was actually a bit disappointed. I was really hyped with all the Terminator 3 trailers, and I had expected that T3 would become the best movie out of the Terminator saga. Boy, was I wrong…

I left the theatre with a weird feeling. Was this the movie I had been waiting for? And what was with all the lame and ridiculous stuff… Terminator with Elton John glasses, T-X with inflatable breast, some things just didn’t make any sense. The action was big, but the story suffered.

Seemingly I was not the only one with this problem. A lot of Terminator fans complained. And few, including myself, hve tried to create their own version. Uncanny Antman thought the same and followed.

The first things I noticed that we both had similar cuts. A similar basis of stuff that had to be removed.

One of the things I love about this edit is that Uncanny managed to do some of his own special effects. No blinking Terminator, Sarah Connor’s tombstone. This was really nicely done and I wish I had that know-how knowledge so I could have done it for my own fanedit. Uncanny Antman manages to do it and it’s great!!

Terminator 3 is a somewhat difficult movie to cut. There’s not much of deleted footage that has been released, so much stuff has to be taken from the movie itself. T3 is a flawed movie, and I believe fanedits can improve the viewing experience while watching the movie, but can never fix this movie into a masterpiece or to something close that is a good follow-up to T1 and T2. This goes for my own edit, but also for Uncanny Antman’s and ADM’s.

I have heard a lot of people compare Uncanny’s fanedit and my fanedit, and ask which one is better. I cannot give the answer to that one. I enjoy both fanedits, but think they are different. I enjoy Uncanný Antman’s fanedit, but on some creative cutting decisions I differ, like the T-X being the one to upload the virus in Uncanny’s cut. However, Uncanny has also done some great editing, making the Terminator a much more silent type and even more focussed on the mission.

I think Uncanny did a great job on this one. I rate it 5 stars.
Uncanny Antman, thanks for creating a great Terminator fanedit.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments