Terminator 2: Hands of Fate
Note: This fanedit was originally released in August 2009. The HD version released November 2013 replaces that.
- NTSC DVD-9
- AVCHD (DVD-5)
ThrowgnCpr FE trailers
* new title sequence
* add throwgncpr to intro credit
* fixed bendy-knife stunt error when Arnie gets stabbed in bar.
* created completely new audio for “Bad to the Bone” scene
* cut “How’s the knee” line. It contradicts the notion of her behaving for several * months. However I kept the most of the scene (up until the next cut), because I think it’s a good intro to Sarah, and shows how much the events have affected and changed her.
* cut SE scene where med students beat Sarah to take pills
* trimmed first dream sequence to start with Kyle passing the doorway (cut talk about their son, and hugging). He is now just a quiet messenger.
* cut “model citizen” line by doctor. It just seems like tacked on cheese.
* recut shot where truck jumps/crashes into canal to fix windshield continuity error
* cut motorcycle jump in dirtbike / truck / motorcycle canal chase scene. trimmed chase scene a bit.
* cut SE scene where T1000 goes to check dog collar
* reinstate scene where T1000 raids John's bedroom
* trim scene where John makes Arnie do tricks in parking lot *** different than v1 fanedit
* cut part where med student/guard licks Sarah’s face after locking her down. I felt that this was completely unnecessary. Her brutal escape is now driven by her focus and determination, and never really includes any hint of revenge.
* reframed scene where T1000 approaches group in hospital, to remove continuity error where female guard on floor should be.
* trimmed SE scene where John convinces Sarah not to destroy chip after removing it from head. Cut the line about him being his friend. If he wants to truly be taken serious as a leader, then he doesnt want to be buddies with the terminator.
* Removed John teaching Arnie jive-talk in the car. This was my least favorite scene where John tries to teach Arnie about human emotions and behavior, and I find it just a tad too cheesy. This also allows “Hasta La Vista, Baby” to be removed from the film.
* hybrid gas station scene - tightened up a bit. less goofy smiling *** different than v1 fanedit
* cut “No Problemo” after Arnie successfully starts truck
* cut “Trust me” right before Arnie shoots up cops from building
* cut “Hasta la vista, baby” prior to shooting frozen T1000 (audio cut only) Scene duration is still intact, but no speaking.
* removed audio for “I need a vacation”
* cut thumbs up at end
* cut SE happy ending
* completely new credits (to match exact style of original credits)
By far the best T2 edit I've seen. The pub exit scene gave me chills with that old-school exploitation soundtrack. And the hasta-la-vista being cut brought me back to my first viewing of the film when I felt it was a bit 'off'. It felt so good to watch this version, seriously! I find it odd that the terminator smiling scene was included though, but it doesn't ruin much for me. Overall still the best edit for me personally. Seamless cuts too.
A huge minus for the video quality. Only 720p would be fine if it had a proper bitrate. As it stands now I would recommend it for a small screen viewing or pick another edit. Please upload a higher bitrate one, it's preservation worthy!
The theatrical cut has always been my favourite version of T2 but this adds the best parts of the special edition and takes some of the lesser parts of the theatrical cut to forge a great new version. The most impressive part of the edit is the removal of the bad to bone audio which never ever fit well with the tone elsewhere. I've attempted to seperate some of the original dialogue in this scene myself and found it an impossible task to extract something of a high enough quality so massive repsect to the editor on his work here! The recreated titles and THX FAN intro are brilliantly done too and look completely authentic.
The only nitpick I can find in the whole edit which is just a personal opinion is the inclusion of the smile scene (albeit trimmed) I would have cut that being as the 'trust me' line was cut later. A really fab edit of what is easily one of my top 5 movies ever, it has created a bit of a quandry though as everytime I watch T2 now which is at least twice a year I will have to consider this or the theatrical. That was never an issue before darn it!!
This is the definitive T2 version for me. Period! Without the cheese it makes T2 looks like more T1 (wich is my favorite Terminator btw)
In 1984 I witnessed a near perfect apocalyptic movie titled "The Terminator". I watched it over and over. When 1991 came along I saw commercials for a sequel titled "Terminator: Judgement Day". Boy was I excited. I coulld not wait to revisit that world again, but it had to be bigger and better. Realizing that Jim Cameron was directing, and remembering how well "Aliens" went over there could be no wrong going on here. Well I was wrong. The first thing that ticked me off was that Arnie was not the big badass. The second thing was this Eddie Furlong kid was ruining the movie for me. I watched it but could not rewatch if for years. Recently I purchased a terminator set of movies and T2 was a part of that. To this day i have not rewatched my copy, but over the years friends of mine would play it loving it; I honestly don't know why.
Fast forward about a decade and ThrowgnCpr comes out with "T2: Hands of Fate". This really is amazing. First off the title intro editing is out of this world. Never have I seen this kind of mastery. Secondly almost everything that was fixed probably should have; and left me really oving how this whole movie turned out. ThrowgnCpr basically saved this movie; the tricks in the parking log: gone. The stupid slang lingo; gone. The thumbs up at the end; gone. Two things that I do question would be the motorcycle jump into the canal, where Arnie is chasing the semi, and the smile being added 2/3rds of the way in. I still don't understand why the bike jump is gone, but seeing Arnie smile when he handles the Gatling(?) gun near the end makes one realize why the smile is added 5 minutes before.
All in all I now can watch a near perfect sequel to the perfect movie. Thank you very much.
Awesome edit, almost all changes are unnoticeable unless you are looking for them.
The bar scene / bike modifications are a mood changer and throw back to the original movie. It adds a much darker less humorous feel to the movie.
This edit took my favorite movie and somehow made it better - I always liked the gritty R feel of the Terminator but felt that T2 was edited like a PG13. The humanization of the character was a little over done and this edit takes care of it.
Must See if you are a true Terminator Fan.