TTT ART EP 07
FanMix September 01, 2023 1799
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I want to live in this alternate reality where Bowie is playing on every speaker! As a lover of both Bowie's music and this particular film in Tarantino's canon, I was pretty excited to dive into this edit, and it did not disappoint! Cutting this down while keeping essentially the entire story must have been extremely challenging, but Art has done it. And the new soundtrack is just the cherry on top. It really is a masterful job of visual editing. I checked the cutlist, and there were a ton of tiny, invisible edits to make this work. They were all successful. Chapter splits happened at perfect moments. Every major character was given just enough time to make them compelling. The film zips along without feeling rushed, and nothing was missed.
The new soundrack was mostly successful, though I did find "Heroes" to be an odd placement at the beginning. Yes, these are our "heroes," and the song builds well, but the vibe of the song clashes pretty badly with the content of Aldo's speech. And once in a while, the very end of this scene being one example, the music is a bit too loud in the mix, over-riding the dialog. Other than that, I generally enjoyed the new songs, and there were some fun "I see what you did there" moments with the lyrics. I would especially like to shout out the two non-Bowie tracks. They work so well that they justify their inclusion on this otherwise straight-bowie songlist. Really cool scenes.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments