FanMix September 01, 2023 1799
(Updated: September 21, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Where to begin? Let's start with that incredible opening theme/montage for this series. Terrific doesn't come close to describe it!

I had a blast!

Incredibly fun project and great result! Dialogue is still clear even with the songs added, which I wasn't expecting to be fair.

Psycho Killer was great and fit better than i thought it would even though a review already mentioned it. It truly enhanced the scene in an unexpected way!

Loved the bowie song Gasoline when she is standing next to the window! Absolutely perfect match and serves the narrative perfectly! Again, it enhanced the scene.

Pink Floyd at the end was perfect.

The other songs to me didn't make that much of an impact, simply because it was a bit too much for me personally. During 'talky' scenes I prefer to have no background music, or not too busy music. But they still felt like a good match for the scenes so props to the editor!

Landa's introduction was epic. It was refreshing and fun! The black and white was *chef's kiss*

The narrative obviously suffers a little bit since you cut away more than 50% to serve the series formula, but I wont fault you for that. In fact that you were able to keep most of the story intact is remarkable! You can still easily follow the story, but it inevitably loses some of the original's punch.

I don;t know the original by heart, but I can say that I will probably hear Gasoline in my head next time I watch the original, which is telling.

Great work Artisdead, and thank you! If this episode is any indication this whole series will be great fun for any Tarantino or fanedit fan in general!
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments