FanMix September 01, 2023 1785
(Updated: March 30, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Just finished watching this edit, and I have to say it's pretty damn good.
It does a brilliant job of shortening the movie without feeling like anything's missing, and the music choices are amazing especially in the finale, which is a two minute masterpiece. While I'm not the biggest fan of the original, I found this to be a very enjoyable hour.
My only real complaint is that I watched this with my wife who'd never seen the original, and she was pretty confused by the swastika branding. She didn't really get what had happened even at the end, so that could be clearer. I also thought that the original intro scene of Hans killing the Jews under the floorboards was great, and it's a shame that it was cut, but I understand why it was cut, so I don't think it's at all necessary for it to be in the edit.

If you like Inglorious Basterds, you should love this edit. Definitely a recommend.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
W
Top 500 Reviewer 14 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 07, 2023
William The Red Robin...I am very honored that you chose to share my edit with your wife. I'm kind of blushing and I wasn't even there. Thank you so much for your very kind words. I'm sorry that the reason for the branding wasn't as clear to her, however, Raine makes the purpose quite clear right after the "Bear Jew" scene.

I felt that removing the entire "Jew Hunter" beginning was necessary to cut the time. It also left much to the imagination about Shoshanna. Even if I inserted a flashback later. You can thank Wraith for that brilliant idea. Thanks again for your kind words. As you know, Red Apple Crew is a collaborative effort. We all worked on all of the edits. So the credit is equal. Please check out the rest of the Tales. If you liked mine, you will love theirs.
A
artisdead
1 results - showing 1 - 1