TTT ART EP 05
FanMix September 01, 2023 534
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'm going to be similarly judgmental on this as I was on my review of Episode 4 and as noted in that review I'm going to be a bit of a stickler on this looking at the scope and idea of the overall project as I saw it going in and by that I mean the objective as I read it was to take EACH of Tarantino's 10 films and turn them into 60 minute stand alone episodes so I questioned why we were pulling we pulling scenes from Part I and why is the Part 1 O-Ren end scene was one of the more prominent aspects of this Episode.

As a singular episode it worked a lot better than Episode 4 as far as enjoyment goes but that was bound to happen because Episode 4 set up a lot of the action etc. that was to come in Episode 5. The video and audio editing was great even if I didn't agree with some of the musical changes - for example one stand out from memory was the music choice for the Bill death scene - that didn't fit for me but that is all personal choice. The scene rearrangement worked much better for this edit and felt like more of a single episode AFTER watching Episode 4 because that ended on a cliffhanger making this seamlessly flow from that point. As a first time watch you get the unfair advantage that I'm looking at it as a continuation of Episode 4 - something greenturnedblue didn't have

Once again I emphasize that this was always going to be the more enjoyable of the 2 Kill Bill episodes due to the material in this edit but once again really feel this was better suited as a combined 2 hour - 2 editor release separate from this project that big picture would have scored 10's across the board for me. Yourself and greenturnedblue collectively really put together a great feature. I would've liked to see what could've been done to edit Kill Bill Part 2 as a 60 minute episode as opposed to pulling stuff from Part I and vice versa (and once again that is me being a stickler to what I perceived as the overall scope of this project)

Good work Phase3!!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments