TTT ART EP 04
FanMix September 01, 2023 433
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

So I'm glad I decided to review this one AFTER watching Episode 5 or I likely would've been a little less generous... and I'm going to be honest a be a bit of a stickler on this looking at the scope and idea of the overall project I felt this one wavered a bit.

By this I mean the objective as I read it was to take EACH of Tarantino's 10 films and turn them into 60 minute stand alone episodes so upon the first watch I was like why are we pulling scenes from Part II and why is the O-Ren end scene completely omitted from this edit (suspecting it would addressed in Episode 5)

As a singular episode I can't say this totally worked for me using the above as my grading point - The video and audio editing was great even if I didn't agree with some of the musical changes - I also felt as I viewer questioning how she A) got in the truck (was it unlocked) and B) did she hotwire it because of the omission of the hospital rape scene. there were a few other scene sequences that didn't hit the mark with me as well for a singular episode with the training/sword making taking up what I found was too much valuable time - after watching the next episode it made more sense but I'm grading this on my first time watch.

I also want to note that I would still highly recommend this as a companion piece to Episode 5 obviously but really feel this was better suited as a combined 2 hour - 2 editor release separate from this project that big picture would have scored 10's across the board for me instead of a single entity as yourself and Phase3 collectively really put together a great feature. I would've liked to see what could've been done to edit Kill Bill Part 1 as a 60 minute episode as opposed to pulling stuff from Part II and vice versa (and once again that is me being a stickler to what I perceived as the overall scope of this project)

Good work greenturnedblue!!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments