TTT ART EP 03
FanMix September 01, 2023 532
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I watched this episode first, I could not wait to see how Futon88 edited this movie I kn0w quite well.
Right from the start, it's very strong. The opening scene is more reminiscent of the previous Tarantino films than the original, and quite nice to set the tone. I always felt like Jackie Brown lacked that aspect of the Director's catalog. Over the course of the movie, we are given almost everything from the original, but it gets to the point more rapidly. I would say it can sometimes feel a little bit rushed, but it gives a very fast pace compared to the original. I guess it was to be expected due to the nature of the project but it lessens ever so slightly my enjoyment of the movie (I have to guess that I will get used to it by the last episode I watch, sorry for that...lets call it the early adopter penalty).
Overall it is a great episode especially regarding the narrative. it is segmented, emphasizing the fast pace again. all sections are intercut with a story-telling device created by the faneditor from short clips taken from one scene. It gives the movie a specific color and feel.
Very well done Futon! I recommend without hesitation.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments