* All of Lacy & David Warfield, most of Lenny Luthor, Lois, Jimmy & Perry are cut from Superman IV. Most bad FX are cut from Superman IV.
* Deleted getaway scene in the Warden’s car from Superman II get Lex out of prison, while giving screen time to Otis and Miss Tessmacher once again.
* Paris sequence from Superman II serves as a lynchpin for bridging the Smallville plot to the Nuclear Disarmament plot.
* Opening credits are a custom creation by ADM set to Williams’ Concert March and using Oxford Scientific footage as the background plate.
You'll believe a man can fly! This edit earns a place in the line-up of Superman movies, replacing much of III and all of IV.
Comparing ADigitalMan's Redeemed to Dangermouse (for III), Batson's Quest for Cash (for IV) and the originals, this edit offers the most enjoyment and least cringing. Spoiler alert:
- Linking Evil Superman to Nuclear Man is brilliant. It allows the stories to be merged and the transition is excellent.
- Do I miss Richard Pryor? Yes, but his story was separate from Superman's until the final battle. Leaving in any Pryor would have required leaving in that Evil Robot battle, including Vaughn as not-actually-smart and unconvincing villain.
My one frustration is that I only found a low-res version of this edit, with Spanish subtitles burned in. Anyone who has the best quality version: please PM me!
Excelent Edition, Very Creative, I just did not like it a bit were the opening credits.
You will believe a sequel can not suck! (plot spoilers ahead)
The original Superman III was a SERIOUS misfire, and Superman IV was execrable. Now can you fix them?
By removing the lame subplots and sticking with the comic-book action! On its own merits, this movie would be rated a 6-7, but compared to the originals this is an amazing accomplishment! Starting with the S3 Smallville plot, we have an amazing restored scene of Otis & Ms. Tessmacher springing Luthor from prison. His S4 plot for creating Nuclear Man unfolds slowly, and is very well paced. Adigitalman pulls off an audacious coup when he includes the Paris H-bomb scene (removed from his excellent S2 edit) as the trigger for Superman's "Quest for Peace".
But ADM's eye for story connections hits its zenith when he makes Nuclear Man's poison wound (S4) the cause of Superman's heel turn (S3). This is inspired storytelling, and it makes these two movies a single story that serves as the fitting finale that Christopher Reeve deserved.
Great edit! I really liked it. Even though not perfect and certainly not as good as the first two movies, the flaws come from the original movies that are unfixable. Definitely replaces III and IV for me.
Keeping this short as most of what I have to say has already been said already.
Audio: This was the largest flaw of the edit. There are quite a few cut's that are very abrupt and some just sound strange.
Video: It was overall pretty good. I could nitpick but no need. The enjoyment of the edit made the quality a second thought.
Narrative/Enjoyment: 99% of the merging of the two movies were done excellently. As it was said in another review. I would have preferred to see Supes get sick after the scratch before he went bizarro. I rewinded this part 3 times thinking i looked away and missed something. This is the only part of the edit that really jumped out at me that this was a fanedit. Everything else was done pretty spot on.
A much more enjoyable version of those two movies. Not perfect but it does replace part 3 and 4 and me