Review Detail

9.9 3 10
Star Wars - The Phantom Menace (Possessed)
FanFix March 10, 2024 555
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This edit might as well replace the original for me. I call myself a fan of this movie, yet here the editor managed to cut over 20 minutes and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. The Gungan city was completely cut and I didn't even notice until a while later. My favorite cheesy lines are kept, while the worst dumb moments are cut.
After watching this, I watched it again an hour later because I needed to show it to someone else. It was then that it was pointed out to me that a couple deleted scenes were added, and I noticed the slight drop in quality. That's why the video quality is a 9 and not a 10, but it's nothing too jarring. That's the only thing I can think to mention that's remotely negative. I know some people ignore reviews that score things too high, but I legitamately have no complaints. I mean, I could complain about the lack of Ben Quadinaros, but that's a personal preference.
Cuts are seamless, pacing is superb, all of the editing decisions make sense, a perfect edit in my eyes. I had a great time watching it. It's the first time I've been able to fully follow the plot of this movie. I have trouble following movies sometimes, I've been getting better, I don't know if it's necessarily thanks to this edit, but at the very least I can say that it's not any less coherent.
Just watch the edit, it's neat.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments