starwarsvergence_front
TV-to-Movie December 27, 2023 1030
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This edit is fantastic. I prefer films to TV shows because I just don't have the time to spend on TV. I bought the Mandalorian Season One and Two and had managed to finish it. I enjoyed Season One, with a few caveats. The adventure-of-the-week format that a lot of episodes followed wasn't my cup of tea, but I was invested in the overarching plot...and that is exactly what this edit gives us. Some purists may not like the changes made to make the story flow better but I thought Smudger's solutions were creative and well-implemented given the limitations he had to work with. The new scene transitions all work well and all-in-all, it feels pretty close to a legit Star Wars movie.

The only knock I can possibly give it is in the 'asides', or 'meanwhile...'-type scenes that are occasionally added to explain segments of the plot, which seem somewhat out of place--and the casual pace of the story (which betrays it as a TV show). Looking through the change list, it appears that a *lot* of trims have already been made, so perhaps that is unavoidable.

At any rate, this is my preferred method to re-visit this clunky but occasionally delightful series, with the filler removed and the story intact. Great work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments