Star Wars: The Ford Awakens
Other changes so far include
- Leia sensing the Starkiller's attack on the republic
- R2 awakens when BB8 first finds him
- No lightsaber duel with Kylo, Rei, or Finn.
- Planets Daquar and Tokondana are now the same world
- Han and Chewie's explosives bring down the shields (special credit to Last Impressions for this idea)
- Falcon arrives at Daquar, Finn meets Poe, all references to Rey being captured removed
- R2 awakens, the map to Luke is completed
- Leia and Han argue, Rey finds Luke's lightsaber and has her vision, this triggers her awakening, Snoke informs Kylo of this, Snoke then learns the location of the Resistance base.
- The Resistance put together their strategy regarding Starkiller base.
- The First Order attacks Daquar, Finn is given the lightsaber
- Footage of Tokunda battle now represents the Daquar invasion
- Starkiller destroys Republic planets, Rey grieves with eia.
- Han, Finn, Rey and Chewie journey to Starkiller, infiltrate the base
- Han and Chewie plant bombs, Han confronts Kylo, Chewie saves Han and sets off the explosives that bring down the shields and the Osscelator.
- Resistance destroy Starkiller base
- Han says goodbye to Leia, tells Rey and Finn all about why Luke dissapeared
- Footage of the Falcon arriving at Tokodana used for the Falcon arriving at Luke's island
- Ending the same as Force Awakens
First, I'm so grateful to have seen this edit. There is nothing that makes a movie new again quite like a fresh take.
There were times when it was obvious people weren't in the same scene when they were supposed to be according to how this story was meant to be told. And maybe something more could have been done. As these sequel movies go, it's hard to make them good. But I understand the materials to work with were limited.
Over all, I really love the concept of keeping Han alive. It could really save this movie if that had happened. He was the best character in Star Wars. I highly recommend this one.
I love living in an alternate universe for 87 minutes. If you like your Solo alive and well then here is your fan edit. I have seen my share and this is my last stop. I realize my reality does not fit into the continuity of the Star Wars saga but it is nice to have this version. I like my Han and Luke alive and my Leia without her flying ability.
This is not a perfect edit but the only one that quickens the pace and saves Han. Everyone should see this alternate universe-it was very well done and this a very talented editor.