Review Detail

9.8 5 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a fantastic edit that probably combines the best of Hal9000 and L8wrtr's edits. It's meant to be a conservative edit but still cuts ~15 of the theatrical, which, once again, makes for a better paced film. I like that it retains much of the lightsaber battle between Sideous and Yoda, because let's face it: Star Wars is supposed to be fun, and a Jedi—even a tiny green one—wields a lightsaber. I also like how (and where) Padme's deleted scenes are reinserted, i.e., the seeds of the rebellion, thereby giving her more to do than just worry about Anakin. Some of Palpatine's more over-the-top lines are twimmed so that his presentation as a sly master manipulator is preserved.

This is hands down the best, most balanced RotS edit you can watch. I think the opening retains a little too much of the goofiness of the theatrical, and the ending (following the climax) feels a little too drawn out, but those are minor complaints given what's been achieved here.

Octorox currently has the definitive, best-of-all-worlds, most balanced, best paced edits of all three prequel films (so no more skipping around between faneditors which usually introduces continuity errors). You've got everything you need in one place with Octorox's adept, well-thought out cuts. I wish Octorox a long fanediting career, because I honestly believe he is the best in the community.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments