Review Detail

8.8 42 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

After watching this edit of "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker," I am pleased to say that many of the issues I had with the original film were addressed.

First and foremost, Palpatine's resurrection was completely removed, and the film's focus was shifted to the conflict between Kylo Ren and Rey. This change allowed for a more cohesive and focused narrative, without the need for convoluted explanations for Palpatine's survival.

Additionally, the forced kiss between Rey and Kylo Ren was removed, which felt out of place and unnecessary in the original film.

The fan edit also removed some of the more confusing and poorly explained Force powers, such as healing and Force teleportation. This helped to simplify the film's narrative and made the use of the Force more consistent with previous films in the franchise.

Furthermore, the fan edit gave Finn and Poe Dameron more screen time and a greater role in the film's plot. These characters were underused and mishandled in the original film, so it was refreshing to see them given more attention and development in the fan edit.

Finally, the fan edit improved the pacing and flow of the film's plot, making it feel more cohesive and satisfying. The loose ends from the previous two films were tied up in a way that felt organic and satisfying, without the rushed and disjointed feeling of the original film.

Overall, the fan edit of "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" addressed many of the issues I had with the original film, resulting in a more focused, cohesive, and satisfying viewing experience.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments