finalorder_spence_front
FanFix April 25, 2022 5487
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the BEST re-edit of a movie I have seen. The idea of delving into this one that has frustrated me for years and trying to accomplish what Spencer HAS accomplished here has always filled me with dread. I know what I have to do... but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. The clear focus on what was always a subtext of this trilogy, Rey and Kylo castling in alignment is realised here, clearly and unimpeded by the shambolic script or the unsettling digital puppeteering of the late great Carrie Fisher. Daisy Ridley shines as her frequently silent and physical performance tells you far more than the blunt words the actress was handed ever could. Adam Driver, similarly seems more committed to this story with the contradictory fat neatly trimmed away. This version in cinemas would have left me surprised at a smaller, more personal ending than the trailers pitched, but we collectively would have been all the more nourished for it. Self-motivation rather than expecting the heroes of our past to pull us from the fire. Yet drawing from friendship and experience to BE that fuel. NOW, this is the torch passing it was always intended to be. Bravol 10/10

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Top 500 Reviewer 8 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments