Review Detail

7.5 2 10
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by geminigod — January 5, 2010 @ 7:36 pm

Sithlord, you deserve high praise in many regards, but because of one tragic and very large error I gave you and average rating. Things started off wonderfully with the editing of the opening sequence with the buzz droids. But then all that hard work is more than negated just minutes later by the unfinished footage that is choppily edited and added into the scene on the ship. It looks horrible. It gives us no new information. I am still scratching my head as to why you decided to add this in when really what was needed was a great deal more cutting from what is without question the worst scene in the entire original movie.

I can tell you put a lot of thought into the development of anakin, and that was very well done. The added scenes with Organa conspiring were also great and much needed. Lots of little cuts not made I wish were there. Some decisions at the end could be debated either way with the removal of yoda fight scene, but I thought you did well there with the choices you made. The series of short fade cuts right at the end with darth vader was a nice touch to quickly get him off the planet but became distracting when they continued for about 3 times longer than was comfortable to watch.

This edit should have gotten 7/10 stars if not for the added junk at beginning.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments