Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [Sithlord Remix]
Audio : Dolby Digital 5.1 @ 448 kbps
Subtitles : None (No alien language to translate)
Menu : Non-static with music. Chapter selection.
- The elevator scene with Anakin/Obi-Wan and R2-D2′s struggle with battle droids while trying to help them is cut. This version is not supposed to be a comedy.
- The deleted confrontation with Grievous is inserted.
- Anakin's dream-sequences are cut and so is the infamous balcony scene.
- The three “Birth of the Rebellion” scenes are inserted.
- Midichlorians are not mentioned. Neither is commander Cody. The creature Boga is totally cut. Obi-Wan can find and catch up with Grievous anyway, and some things are better not shown.
- Palpatine only attacks Mace Windu once with force lightning and transforms to “Sidious” during the attack and Anakin does no longer regret cutting Mace’s arm off.
- Chewbacca is not called by name. He could be just any wookie, and we don’t see him helping Yoda escape.
- Yoda don’t fight Sidious. He actually never use any lightsabre at all. The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan is now one long fighting scene. Yoda’s arrival to Dagobah is inserted.
- Padme doesn’t wake up anymore after Anaking chokes her. The babies are born while she is unconscious. This way it’s more dramatic and the stupid dialogue is cut. The babies names are now unknown.
- Vader/Sidious/Tarkin on the star destroyer is cut.
- Darth Vader’s rebirth scene is moved to the end of the movie. Anakin is left to die at Mustafar and we don’t know his faith until after the babies arrive to their new homes.
- The music is changed during the end credits, and some music are added in the movie.
+ lots of small cuts and new transitions all over the movie.
Review by geminigod — January 5, 2010 @ 7:36 pm
Sithlord, you deserve high praise in many regards, but because of one tragic and very large error I gave you and average rating. Things started off wonderfully with the editing of the opening sequence with the buzz droids. But then all that hard work is more than negated just minutes later by the unfinished footage that is choppily edited and added into the scene on the ship. It looks horrible. It gives us no new information. I am still scratching my head as to why you decided to add this in when really what was needed was a great deal more cutting from what is without question the worst scene in the entire original movie.
I can tell you put a lot of thought into the development of anakin, and that was very well done. The added scenes with Organa conspiring were also great and much needed. Lots of little cuts not made I wish were there. Some decisions at the end could be debated either way with the removal of yoda fight scene, but I thought you did well there with the choices you made. The series of short fade cuts right at the end with darth vader was a nice touch to quickly get him off the planet but became distracting when they continued for about 3 times longer than was comfortable to watch.
This edit should have gotten 7/10 stars if not for the added junk at beginning.