Review Detail

9.9 167 10
Enjoyment

Definitely an awesome edit that makes the SE far better than it originally was. Now, granted, I would have been happier had some more of the SE features been taken out (I’m looking at you, pointless lengthy ride into Mos Eisley), but this edit integrates them much, much better. And damn does the hyperspace blue look amazing as they escape the Death Star. The fight between Vader and Obi Wan is now just ridiculously great. It needed that BGM; I just never realized it until I saw this version. I can’t say I miss the Jabba sequence, though I’m sure someone could have animated it better to actually resemble the puppet, instead of just some sort of lumpy blob with eyes. The extra edits added by adywan that some people have complained about – seriously? They were seamless for the most part. They added to the movie instead of cluttering it up. George Lucas couldn’t add in his crap without making it so obvious a blind man could see them; adywan, by contrast, makes them fit wonderfully. And a lot of them are nice touches, like the hyperspace sequence. However, a few nitpicks: The jump when Luke activates the light saber for the first time still is noticeable, but I assume there’s only so much that can be done about that. Obi Wan constantly using the title “Darth” during the light saber fight. That has annoyed me endlessly since the prequels and EU established it as a title, not a name. It would have been nice to have “Vader” dubbed in instead. Otherwise? Freaking. Awesome. And yet George Lucas claims to be unable to do this.
S
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
November 05, 2015
>Obi Wan constantly using the title “Darth” during the light saber fight. That has annoyed me endlessly since the prequels and EU established it as a title, not a name. It would have been nice to have “Vader” dubbed in instead.

People can refer to people as their titles to be more formal. It is not as commonplace today, but it certainly occurred in the past. I.E., "Lord", "Sir", "Madame", "Doctor", "Reverend", "Mister," etc.
P
philonoesis
1 results - showing 1 - 1