Review Detail

9.9 167 10
Enjoyment

Awesome!

The new death star introduction! The cantina! Han shoots first! No more stupid Jabba scene! No more slapstick in Tatooine’s streets! Helluva cool Alderaan blow-up! Hyperspace effects! Cool briefing! Epic dogfights! Even more epic death star battle! Great death star blow-up! Corrected colors!
This is almost too awesome to be true. I consider myself to be very critical… I hated the SE guts and I hated the DVD version even more. But this is almost too perfect for a fan-project! In fact, I only have a few *very* minor and nitpicky quibbles.

1. The Twin sunset is a bit on the pink side.
2. The most serious one: In the scene between Tarkin, Vader and Leia that leads to Alderaan’s destruction, Leia’s lines are out of synch!
3. In the duel between Obi Wan and Vader, the lightsabers are a bit on the thick side… they stand out from the rest very starkly and look a bit painted-on.
4. I’d have left out the Biggs-Luke reunion. It is badly played, doesn’t make much sense without their conversation on Tatooine which was cut and never returned in the SE, and slows down the pace.

But whatever, this edit still kicks the LF versions’ butts *badly*.

I am looking forward to TESB! I doubt you’ll have a go at ROTJ, though… that film is too broken even for you to fix… I mean, how to replace the cheesy dialogues, always-the-same imperial rank panels and, most of all, the Ewoks?

Anyway, I bet nothing is impossible for you… you’re a damn hero!
T
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments