Review Detail

9.9 167 10
Enjoyment

Dear Adywan,

Thank you so much for sharing this new New Hope experience with us. It gave me the same feeling as when I went to see Star Wars with my father back in the seventies as an eight year old boy. Amazing! Keep up the good work with The Empire Strikes Back.

As a big fan of John William’s music I particularly appreciated the improved opening scene. I do believe however that the added score during the jedi lightsabre fight is unnecessary. It works quite well until Kenobi’s death but then the connection with the original soundtrack doesn’t sound right at all. Details like that can really frustrate me because the rest of your SFX-remixing-editing work is just amazing. For the same reason I really hope you will get rid of the added Bespin scenes in episode V where Vader takes his shuttle after cutting off Luke’s hand. Not only did this completely kill the rythm of the action, but more importantly, it really really messed up William’s beautiful score which was cut into pieces just to have an unnecessary piece of Imperial March completely out of tone with the rest of the music. Shame on the Makers for having allowed that kind of butchery. I count on YOU for setting things right again…

With all my admiration for a wonderful job! Continue the good work.
O
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments