Review Detail

9.9 167 10
Enjoyment

Speechless.

For the last two days I've been NOTHING but speechless. It's a self-inflicted choice, mind you. You see, I didn't want to embarrass myself by running around like a half-raving mad lunatic screaming "Did you experience Star Wars?!?!!!! Did you?!??!!! WATCH IT NOW AND FEEL THE FORCE!!!!! MMMWHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" I do have a social life I need to maintain and most people wouldn't understand what I meant. That is, unless, they are part of the lucky few to have Adywan's STAR WARS REVISITED.

I could be unoriginal and point out all about the spectacular changes that Adywan has managed to pull off in this edit but then again you'd miss a spectacular thread over at OriginalTrilogy's forums, which is by far the most accurate account of one man's loving devotion for Star Wars. This work represents in spirit the mature Lucas we expected to grow up with - do you remember him? He’s the bold one that harkens back to the glory days of the original Original Trilogy rather than the ''delusions of grandeur" afflicted Lucas we have been saddled with in the years since. You know the one "special edition" this and "non-anamorphic only" that. Adywan not only manages to make the most recent "Special Edition" of Episode IV entirely enjoyable while viewing, but he also manages to inject that original maverick filmmaker feeling back into the film which has been lost over time and countless official Lucas re-edits. I'll stick my neck out and dare to say this edit matches up head-to-head, toe,to-toe with the original theatrical release. I've watched Star Wars many times in my life, but Adywan's version made me EXPERIENCE it.

STAR WARS REVISITED has seemingly pulled many, many divided Star Wars fans back together as the aforementioned thread at OriginalTrilogy forums will testify on it's own accord. Most members are clamoring the spectacular work Adywan has done while others are coming out of nowhere to thank him endlessly. Judging by the OT forum thread, Adywan has managed to etch his username into the proud history of STAR WARS amongst many fans. If Lucas could have shown just as much restraint while injecting that maverick filmmaker feeling back into the films all Star Wars fans know and love so dearly, then there would have been no division of fans between theatrical Original Trilogy or Special Edition Original Trilogy. There'd just be a bunch of Star Wars fans waiting eagerly for the theatrical versions in acceptable quality, WITHOUT complaint of the existing Special Editions. By viewing this edit, I've discovered an undenable truth; Adywan has not raised the bar on editing STAR WARS. He has, in effect, become THE BAR. Lucas, if you/re out there, there's no way you can match Adywan's edit. Not for this, and I predict not for the forthcoming REVISITED edits for EMPIRE and RETURN. There's only one way to top Adywan, and that's to preserve the theatrical releases of the OT properly. Do, or do not. There is no try.

Adywan. The first word you’ll associate with the ONLY Original Trilogy Edits you’ll EVER NEED to own.
I
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments