Review Detail

9.2 17 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Having being a compusive fan of this FIlm and seeing it at least 40 times since the 80's, i was compelled to watch what may look like the best version out there. I wasn't dissapointed!

The freshness of the new space footage and effects gets rid of the 80's tinge that a lot of space films has and dates them to this time. I was amazed by the new Regula station and seamless Starship footage that Brings the film on to a new viewing experience and makes this a more modern level of enjoyment,

Visual Editing - top drawer, nothing but a treat to see this done without any flaws to note. Must have been hard considering the amount of scene switching from old and new footage.

The Genesis simuation scene was a different take on the orignial and although it was clearly a more new age view of epoch making (Sid Meier's civilization series anyone?); i prefered the original where you zoomed through the mountains at the end of the sequence. It was still a good alternative and either are good. Guess its down to indivudaul preference,

The addition of dialogue put in away from the original footage was a cheeky but near perfect way to pave some additional events comming up in the future (i wont spoil it, but you'll know what i mean) Although you can tell it was taken from other sources, it didnt detract and i was impressed by htis and had to listen a few times as it was so good.

The title sequences, text, credits and layering on of the text by Wraith was abosultley a treat to watch. Not usualy that enamoured by credits and stuff but looking out for the changes with Wraith adding to this was good enjoyment also. The in film text added also was done in a good way so that it lended to that fresh new look of the film.

The extra footage from before and the weaving of Wraiths edits, text and the VFX made this in my view the 'version to watch'. Can say that i will definalty watch this a lot more times now that this is a more modenr and less retro film from the Star trek Cannon.

Highly recomended!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments