splitunbreak_front
FanMix August 09, 2021 7008
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Another great and monumental work by Wraith. I would not go into the edit technicalities because, as always, they are top notch. The opening credits are a work of art.

Regarding narrative, I must say I've watched the alternative more recent edit by Wraith and preferred that. This older edit follows more closely the original narrative of Split/Glass, with a strong focus on secondary characters (the mother, the son, the kidnapped girl), whereas the newer edit mostly removed them to focus on the main characters' psyche and self-discovery. I found the latter to be more in line with the Unbreakable narrative, which I preferred. I also found the newer edit more original because it is also more divergent with the last two movies' tone, which I think has a lot of merit. This is the only reason to rate this edit a sightly below the newer one. Probably, if I've watched them in cronological order, I would have rated both as a 10 : )

Anyway both edits complement each other quite well and use a significant amount of different footage so watching both in any order is highly recommended!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
J
Top 500 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments