spiderman3continuity_front
FanFix January 31, 2023 3027
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Wow! I am at a loss for words. I’ve seen the theatrical and editor’s cuts countless times. This not only takes the best of those two cuts, but cuts out little things here and there that make the movie flow so much better. The Character’s motivations seem much more natural and not as campy.

I was initially hesitant to learn that the Peter/New Goblin initial fight was cut, but shaping it to look like Harry just faked insomnia to play the long game works so well. Also, I know there was some time in between 2 and 3, but Harry shouldn’t be that skilled with the glider yet! Waiting to see him with it at the end is better.

Cutting Harry forcing MJ to break up with Peter works well, too. She actually is now infatuated with Harry’s charm after Pete is being such a selfish brat.

The Editor’s cut switching the James Brown montage to after Peter Fights Harry at the mansion is great. Love that choice to keep it that way. It makes Pete seem more sinister with the black suit.

I plan to watch a few more edits of this movie, but so far this is my favorite cut I’ve ever seen, and just shows that this movie really can shine.

Side note: I just wish there was a reshoot when Gwen is hanging from the side of the building. I’ve always hated how nonchalant both Eddie and her own dang Father are noticing that she is about to plunge to her death!

Great work, DonkeyKonga!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
March 27, 2023
Hey man glad to know you liked it! Yeah switching Harry's vision of his father to the start of the movie really helps you sell his whole arc.

I agree about the Gwen scene, but it's needed for the story unfortunately.
D
donkeykonga
1 results - showing 1 - 1