FanFix May 09, 2023 1192
(Updated: December 04, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was such a great watch! I almost didn't even want to watch it because I so strongly disliked the Riri plot and the bloated length of the original, but I am so glad I gave it a chance. This has 100% replaced the original for me.

Trimming the battle scenes was fantastically done, as overly-long fights where you know no one's going to die can be a tad boring. I agree that the Midnight Angel suit was a bit under-realized but it doesn't bother me too much because it still played a pretty good part.

There are a few things that could not be saved narratively, like why fight the Talokians on a suicide-mission boat deathtrap? Why does Namor kidnap Riri alive at all when they were just about to kill her on the bridge anyway? I did somehow get the overwhelming sense that he decided to keep her as a bargaining chip, even if that wasn't stated, and I think I got there because there was less filler between these moments, so you somehow filled in plot gaps for me without even using footage.

By removing over a half hour and keeping Riri's shoehorned screen time down to something like 10 minutes total, you have really allowed me to connect with the real story of Shuri mourning her brother and mother, and unlike with the original I cried at the end.

This edit was a massive success!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments