FanFix January 18, 2019 4070
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Wow!
I hadn't read the list of changes before I watched this cut, and I hadn't seen the "original" (ie, the non-fanedited Rob Zombie remake) in quite a few years. I couldn't remember much of it, other than remembering that it was really rude and disgusting in terms of trashy characters and excessive gore.

So when I watched this fanedit, my mind was pretty fresh and I had no idea what the faneditor (Ryantology) had done. I just thought, hey, it's amazing what a few small changes can do, and maybe Rob Zombie's version wasn't really as bad as I had thought!

But now looking at the page here, with the list of changes and the amount of time cut, I can see that in fact Ryantology is hugely responsible for the vast improvement. 38 minutes removed and it's absolutely seamless! I couldn't even tell that those title cards were new! And that montage of Loomis narrating Michael's time in the psych ward??? I never would have guessed that was fanedited!!! And a massive amount of music changed/added, again done absolutely seamlessly.

So yeah, I am just amazed that such a horrible movie could be made into such a good one by fanediting! Ryantology rules!!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments