FanFix September 08, 2023 941
(Updated: October 31, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was an... interesting edit, but I wouldn't say the movie itself was very good to begin with so I feel you were working at a disadvantage. The first 80% was pretty great honestly. I feel like the characters mostly made good decisions, the plot was moving along at a good pace, and there wasn't too much exposition dumping.

The movie itself was extremely visually dark. I actually had to open it in an editor on my end and brighten it so I could see what was happening. Again it seems like that's the way it originally is, but if you could brighten it up it would improve the Quality score.

I'm a pretty big Resident Evil games fan but I was a bit confused as we hit that last 20% of the movie. You may have cut a little too much of the plot. I couldn't figure out why William would call Chris "my boy" (did they have a relationship I didn't know about?), why Jill and Chris hugged (I'm sure they were happy to see each other but it felt like I was supposed to know something about them as a duo), or honestly what the hell Wesker was doing at all (was some of his exposition linked to the love triangle?).

In the end, I think you improved it from a 6/10 movie into a 7/10 movie, so that's good work! There are a few issues but I still enjoyed myself, so thanks for the work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments