FanFix May 25, 2013 23614
(Updated: June 18, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

While I enjoyed the original Prometheus I had many of the same problems others had and this cut does much to correct those issues. This is a superior version of the film and with that being said I am going to hold it to a high standard of review.

I have very little issues but I will say that while I applaud your attempt to make the 2 scientists less annoying you cut too much footage of them and it kinda stands out when they just disappear from the group. I will say that the editing was seamless for me up till the point when David starts to read the alien script on the wall. Just then the music swells and cuts to a different shot with no music in the background. Other than that the only real problem I had with the editing was the 2 scientists being a little to absent.

I was a little surprised you left the Fifield zombie attack in. I never like that scene and it was never part of the original movie, it was ordered as re-shoots for more action by Fox.

With all that in mind, I feel this version told a similar enough story and completed all the tasks the original set out to that if were the only version of the movie you saw, you would probably be doing yourself a favor.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
C
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments