FanFix August 03, 2023 3450
(Updated: January 27, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Amazing edit. I'm sitting here trying to think of quibbles - no matter how minor - and am coming up short. I almost took a star off audio quality because I had to raise the volume on our TV to 50 in order to hear everything, but that's on me - I had my video player set at 40% audio output. Literally every single editing choice worked for me. The one 80's track I might want back was I Need a Hero, but DonkeyKonga thought of that and gave 5 audio options to pick from. For that generous decision, I would've given 11 stars for audio editing if it were an option!

I used audio track 1 and it fixed literally everything that I found irritating in the official release. The dog callback worked even better for me because it was strictly between the dog and Luigi. Deciding to redub a character is ambitious, but DonkeyKonga did it well AND avoided any obvious wrong mouth movements AND ad libed a line that added to the scene. Just incredible stuff and another example of the thoughtfulness and care that went into this edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply January 28, 2024

Thanks for the kind words! It makes me so happy to hear you enjoyed the ad lib!

P
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments